Wednesday, July 25, 2007

I Run, Therefore I Ache


Okay, another day, another exercise in the common and completely uninteresting... wanna keep reading? I promised to explain more of my hats in my initial post, so I will do so...

I am a jogger.

That's me in the middle. My sister is the one with pigtails. Her best friend is the winking redhead. We had just completed the 'Race for the Cure.'

I run between 4 and 7 miles per daily jogging expedition. I just really enjoy the high of hitting that perfect stride whilst listening to that less-than-perfect top 40 "hit." There are times that, while I feel completely spent, I push myself through for another mile or so simply because I like the song on the radio...

After every jog, I retire to my porch to smoke... call it my after-jog reward... call it a miracle... call it phenomenally stupid... whatever!!! Given that I run and can still maintain the lung capacity to ingest some serious carcinogens, that's saying something.

Perhaps someday I will quit smoking and take on the training regimen for a marathon... after which I will collapse, wake up, eat a chocolate cake, and (of course) smoke a cigarette. :)

Be happy. Do good things!

Sessie

No comments: