Thursday, July 26, 2007

The Weight-Lifting Gloves

Prompt: Select an item at random from your purse. Free-write about that item.

“Okay my name is Brandye with a 'YE' and I’ll be your AWESOME instructor for the morning. Before we begin, let’s everyone look and my AWESOME body. I work out 24 hours a day. I am on an AWESOME strict macrobiotic diet. In my spare time I sit around just pondering how AWESOME I am. And, I am AWESOME. AWESOME, AWESOME, AWESOME!!! Poor you. You'll never ever achieve this level of AWESOMENESS. You can, however, bask in the AWESOMENESS that is my gloriously toned and tanned body. Whew! Now that I have completely destroyed your self-esteem, let’s work out. ”

I take weight lifting classes… classes that I used to find any excuse to skip… the classes led by people with names such as Brandye with a “YE” and Godiva like the chocolate. Such women delight in asking you inane questions, prattling on about Oprah while they lift, and athletically outperforming every single person in the room.

I used to hate taking these classes, that is, until I got the proper gear: Theses are my Harbinger women’s “POWER” gloves. They have the patented Flexback fit, meaning they mold to your hand. They have flex mesh that increases the range of motion while allowing the hand to breathe naturally. Leather palms and fingers cover padding meant to protect the hand and create the maximum in abrasion resistance. They cost ten dollars. They are black and allow my fingers to peak out. I mean business when I wear them.

Brandye with a "YE" better watch out!

No comments: